Inter Partes Reviews (IPRs), the new proceedings to challenge patents at the USPTO, have been in the spotlight this year especially since their use by a hedge fund vowing to
Inter Partes Reviews (IPRs), the new proceedings to challenge patents at the USPTO, have been in the spotlight this year especially since their use by a hedge fund vowing to lower drug prices. Over 100 IPRs been filed in the biopharma space in the last eight months alone. The claim invalidation rate (over 70%) that IPRs have enjoyed now have the reputation of \’the death squad\’ of patents.
What does this mean for patent holders? This interactive presentation will discuss these new developments and trends, and answer the following questions:
- Why are IPR filings increasing?
- How are IPRs being leveraged in parallel Hatch-Waxman litigation?
- How are IPRs being used in the context of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act?
- Does the high rate of invalidity in IPR proceedings hold true for biopharma?
- What is the IPR outlook for biopharma?
- What are the proposed changes to the IPR process by the USPTO and Congress?
- What can patent owners do to avert the IPR \’ax\’?
Who should attend:
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical business leaders
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical general counsel and IP counsel
- Investors in biopharma
(Thursday) 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP
155 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA