– Name of company now reflects coverage of the “Big 4” in biosciences and health: drugs, devices, diagnostics, and digital
– Launching four new regions of coverage: Capital Region, Los Angeles, New York City, and Seattle
SAN FRANCISCO, May 11, 2023 — BigBio Communications is proud to announce the upcoming expansion and brand repositioning of Big4Bio, the life science industry’s leading daily aggregator of news and developments of the top bioscience clusters in the world. The “Big 4” of Big4Bio has been rebranded to represent the company’s focus areas: drugs, devices, diagnostics, and digital (also known as “the four D’s”), with the following new coverage regions being added next month:
- Capital Region (Maryland/Virginia/Washington, D.C.)
The Capital Region encompasses more than 1,800 life sciences companies and over 70 world-class federal labs and academic and research institutions. The region is fourth in jobs and sixth in venture capital.
- Los Angeles
The Los Angeles biotech cluster is home to 5,466 life science establishments and employs 244,000 people, generates $68.3 billion in direct economic output, and increases labor income by $22 billion.
- New York City
New York City has nine major academic medical centers, $2.0 billion in annual National Institutes of Health (NIH) awards, and contributes $3.1B to the city’s gross metropolitan product revenue.
The Seattle area ranks third among metro areas for life sciences employment growth, which increased 25% from 2019 to 2022. R&D employment in the region increased even more rapidly, at 39.3%.
With the support of its sponsors and partners, Big4Bio is set to debut the new regions during the BIO International Convention (#BIO2023) being held in Boston, June 5-8, 2023. BigBio Communications will host several events celebrating our expanded regional coverage, including participating in the RESI Conference and hosting an invitation-only event for Big4Bio region-based CEOs and regional stakeholders.
For each region, Big4Bio offers:
- Free daily newsletter with links to the latest industry press releases and media coverage in each region
- Event listings and promotions through its event website, The BioCalendar
- Sponsored profiles on innovative companies, people, technologies and organizations
- Coverage of financial news and developments
- A directory of companies for every region we cover on the Big4Bio website
- Social media channels that share additional biocluster information and help build a more collaborative community
“Big4Bio aims to be a required daily resource for everyone involved in the life sciences, especially individuals within these regions,” said Tilton Little, executive director of Big4Bio. “As life sciences regions continue to grow and develop, Big4Bio will continue to cover the news, activities, and events in these dynamic biohubs.”
To sign-up for the new regions’ newsletters, click here. For more information about the Big4Bio launch event and activities, contact us at email@example.com.
About BigBio Communications
BigBio Communications is a global independent communications company and the publisher of Big4Bio, the leading aggregator service for the top life science hubs in the world. Big4Bio’s newsletters and additional channels provide complete, daily coverage of the news, events, jobs, and developments in these regions to the industry’s top professionals and executives. More information is available at www.bigcom.bio. Subscribe to the Big4Bio newsletters at big4bio.com.