Forum Series: The New Biopharma BD Landscape—All You Need to Know to Survive & Thrive Part I: The Art of Sourcing Deals in the New External R&D/Innovation Landscape As large pharma and
Forum Series: The New Biopharma BD Landscape—All You Need to Know to Survive & Thrive
Part I: The Art of Sourcing Deals in the New External R&D/Innovation Landscape
As large pharma and biotech have embraced a variety of externalized outsourced R&D and innovation models, the search and evaluation process has evolved.
Small biotechs looking to partner on technology platforms or early-stage assets often find it difficult to identify the right first point of contact and determine how to position the opportunity. Getting in the door may now be easier than ever, but finding and winning over the right internal champions for the deal is still a nuanced process.
Come hear our distinguished panel of sell-siders talk about getting and staying on the radar and learn how the buy-siders are sourcing the best opportunities to meet their strategic objectives to find innovative new technologies and medicines to fill their pipelines.
- Adam Keeney, PhD, Global Head, External Innovation, Sanofi
- Jeb Keiper, MS, MBA, Chief Business Officer, Nimbus Therapeutics
- Shakti Narayan, PhD, JD, Senior Director of Transactions, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Uwe Schoenbeck, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer External R&D Innovation (ERDI), Senior Vice President, Worldwide R&D, Pfizer
- Michael Gladstone, Principal, Life Sciences Group, Atlas Venture
This event is Part I of a four-part series – save the dates for upcoming sessions!
The New Biopharma BD Landscape—All You Need to Know to Survive & Thrive
The Business Development & Finance Working Group is pleased to present a four-part Forum Series where expert panelists come together to discuss best practices, lessons learned, case studies and current issues of interest along the continuum of business development efforts in the biopharma industry.
- Part I: The Art of Sourcing Deals in the New External R&D/Innovation Landscape (April 7)
- Part II: Running an Effective Diligence – Easier Said Than Done (July 14)
- Part III: Termsheet to Contract Negotiations: Deal or No Deal? (September 22)
(Tuesday) 8:00 am - 10:00 am
300 Technology Square